EIASE offers professional development for special educators, general educators, parents, administrators, support personnel and more. Our in-services cover a variety of topics including teaching strategies, procedures and compliance, behavioral management, autism as well as forums for professionals to discuss current issues.
REMOTE LEARNING DAYS
Brandon Wright from Miller, Tracy, Braun, Funk & Miller discusses the implications for Remote Learning Days & Special Education.
April 29, 2020
For a comprehensive list and description of our trainings, you must register through Cedarwood.
IMPORTANT: The state has established new rules for distributing Professional Development credit. In order to get professional development hours you must write your IEIN number on the sign in sheet to get your evidence of completion form, which will be posted to your Cedarwood account. We will not be able to give you an evidence of completion form for your continuing education hours if you do not have your IEIN. Please have your IEIN number available when you attend the conference.
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
Initial And Refresher Dates 2020-2021
If you have never been TCI trained before, please sign up for the Initial training offered in August or January. Registration is on Cedarwood and you must attend all four days to be TCI trained.
If you have been trained either through an initial or refresher, you will need to attend a one day refresher this school year. Please select from one of the dates/locations listed and register on Cedarwood. You must have attended a refresher or an initial within the last year. If you were trained under an initial through another organization, you must provide proof of training.
Initial Training is offered in Summer and January. Registration is on Cedarwood and you must attend all four days to be TCI trained. The training dates will be August 3, 4, 6, 7 and January 25, 26, 27, 28.
Refresher Training is offered throughout the school year. Each person trained in TCI is required to attend a refresher once a year. Please select from one of the dates/locations listed and register on Cedarwood.
- July 28, 2020 - EIASE Board Room
- July 30, 2020 – EIASE Board Room
- August 27, 2020 – EIASE Board Room
- September 24, 2020 – EIASE Board Room
- October 27, 2020 - EIASE Board Room
- November 19, 2020 (Post Crisis Response) - EIASE Board Room
- January 14, 2021 (Developmental Delay) - EIASE Board Room
- February 8, 2021 - Casey School District
- March 4, 2021 - EIASE Board Room
- April 22, 2021 - EIASE Board Room
- TBD - Atwood Elem. in Arthur (Date is tentative based on emergency days used)
- TBD – Tuscola North Ward School (Date is tentative based on emergency days used)
- TBD - Oakland (Date is tentative based on emergency days used)