Please join us!
November 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm
2405 Champaign Avenue
November 8, 2017
We are very excited as we enter this next phase of dreaming and planning for our students. We wanted to give you some updates and information on what is happening with the new program:
- On October 12, 2017 both the EIASE Executive Board and the Mattoon Board of Education passed resolutions approving the creation of a new program.
- The Parent/Community survey is available. If you have not taken the survey, click here to participate. One of the questions asks for suggestions for a new name for the new program. Please give us suggestions!
- On EIASE's website (eiase.com) there will be posted updates on the progression of the new program.
- On November 28th @ 6:00 - 7:00 PM at Hawthorne School there will a Parent/Community informational meeting for the new program. Anyone with an interest in this program is welcome to attend.
- Both Hawthorne and DDC staff (teachers and paraprofessionals) are wanting to tour reciprocal programs. Lisa Jaco and Jenny Weber are working out the logistics so this can be accomplished.
- The next Merger Meeting for teaching staff will be Tuesday, November 14th at 3:00 PM at Hawthorne. Discussions will be focused on student needs and grade/ability level classrooms. Teachers - please complete your Student Profiles.
- In December, Lisa Jaco and Jenny Weber have planned for students at different age/grade levels to interact and socialize. DDC students who are in high school and older will attend the Hawthorne Christmas Dance on December 21st! Elementary/Middle level activities are in the planning process. Stay tuned!